Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 89: Hot Cup of Java

(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/4.5, 1/50, ISO 200)

My apologies on being late yet again.  I fell asleep yesterday at around 10 PM and consequently woke up at around 6 AM today.  Ironically, my Statistics class for today was cancelled last week.  Go figure, when I finally start to get enough sleep...
In any case, much of yesterday was dominated by Java programming.  Sadly, it seems as though the Java programming course (Course code: ITM200) is accumulating more than its fair share of casualties from our class; to the point where it seems to me that about half the class is either failing or has dropped the course.  A friend who works at the tutoring centre in my building pointed out that the largest flaw is the order in which material is taught; on top of that I imagine the problem is compounded by the fact that many students opt to not do their assigned lab problems or ask questions.  

Suffice to say, all the programming experience that I've accumulated through university and high school might actually be paying off now.  As such, programming isn't really on my "DANGER!" list.  Still, it is a tragedy to have to watch so many students get turned off or held back in my program because of one course.  At the same time though, it's a bit satisfying to watch some of the slobs with no work ethic and thought they could cruise their way through University get a nice, swift kick in the nuts.

Sometimes Java works in mysterious ways...

No comments:

Post a Comment