Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 75: A Toast...

(Nikon D90, Sigma 70-200 II @ 135mm, f/2.8, 1/100, ISO 800)

My friend Parvinder asked me to shoot a Toastmasters Club demonstration today.  He's spearheading an initiative to start a Ryerson University chapter of the club, and this was essentially a kickoff event.  By the looks of it, it went pretty well.  For those unaware, Toastmasters is essentially a club that helps members to develop public speaking and communication skills through presentations and speeches that members present to one another.

Having witnessed the demo, I can see why a lot of those that attended were eager to sign up.  It was a nice ray of positivity in a week that has seen a bunch of my friends drop out of one of our courses and some serious boat-rocking over at the Commerce Times.  Keepin' it short again.  Almost through the weekly hurdles. although the biggest obstacle to come is tomorrow when I have an oral presentation: my first in my two years at university.  More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment