Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 62: Smokin' Hot

 
Mmmm, mmmm, good!
(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/5, 1/40, ISO 800)

Not a bad way to end the week.  Okay, so technically the week isn't over but being Wednesday it means the weekly grind is over.  Much of the day was pretty much riddled with naps throughout class and in study rooms.  I think my sleep cycle is messed up now.  I only sleep a few hours at night and end up making it up on the bus, subway, and class which often makes for a distracting combination.  Hopefully it'll get back on track after this weekend.  Aside from a moot Statistics midterm about the only other major highlight was the above pictured sandwhich, which will now occupy the rest of this post.  

So this sandwhich is looking like it's going to very much be like a love-it or hate-it sandwhich.  You're either going to be like me and go giddy at the sight of it, or start gagging because it's porky awesomeness makes you want to puke.  So, this sandwhich came from a relatively new restaurant called Smokin' Bones located very close to Dundas Street East and Church (117 Dundas Street East, to be precise).  This sucker regularly goes for $6, although I think someone forgot to take down their 'Opening Specials', since it came to $5.65 with tax... and what a sucker indeed!  Half a pound of pulled pork goodness stuffed in between a bun whose only real purpose is to keep your hands relatively clean.  I say relatively because the oily awesomeness is probably evident by now and firmly ingrained in your minds. 

It's like the sucker crash landed and left a greasy trail!
(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/5, 1/50, ISO 800)

Every bite was heaven.  Mind you, this is the third pulled-pork sandwhich of my life.  It's a little pricey, but for a $6 sandwhich you can really get filled up.  It also came with some BBQ sauce splattered over it which only added to the flavour explosion.  Okay, maybe I'm overrating it - but hey, it's really good and relatively cheap for what it does: fill you up.  Is this something you want to be eating everyday?  Probably not, unless you want to die.  I am definitely heading back there to try out the other parts of the menu.  On top of that, Ryerson students get a 15% discount on any regular orders over $6.00.  My kind of people.

Needless to say today's lunch left me with one thought on my mind: I want what they're smoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment