Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 61: If-Then-Else

 
 Good ol' Big Java 3rd Edition.
(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/1.8, 1/200, ISO 200)

Wow.  I seriously thought the level of work would pick up over these last few days.  Alas, that wasn't really the case.  Wrote a programming midterm today in class - probably the most underwhelming programming test I have ever written in my life.  It was for the most part a snap and took relatively little effort to complete.  This would be good and all, except for the fact that this was a test on programming.  The test was entirely multiple choice, which certianly trumps last year's midterm that was partially fill in the blanks.  Hell, at least you still wrote code for the latter!

In some sort of twisted might-not-make-sense way I did enjoy the occasional sitting in a group trying to figure out a Discrete Math lab or a Java lab.  Maybe it was the fact that it had the right mix of productivity, jackassery, and Bollywood movies (the last one courtesy one Shaun Maharaj).  There were definitely some things that I missed from that year.  Granted, given the options at the end of the semester last year, I imagine that if I had stayed then I'd probably be drowning in work that I hardly gave a damn about were I not pushed by my friends to at least finish strong.  Alas, here I am in IT Management, anything but a stones throw from main campus.

Of course, I'm sure all this complaining and reminiscing about doing hard work will come back to bite me in the ass.  Alas, last week's postponed Statistics midterm is coming up tomorrow.  Karma will probably strike back, I've already reached my quota for saying things I'll probably regret in this post. 

if (goodKarma)
   No worries;
else
   Knock on wood and pray for salvation;

Some habits die hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment