Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 74: Nickel and Dime'd

(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/4, 1/60, ISO 400)

Yum!  Another glorious start to the week.  Today's post is brought to you by Tim Horton's incompetency! 

So, usually when I go to "Timmies" I grab a doughnut because I don't drink coffee and don't find their cookies or muffins really all that great.  Now, a doughnut costs $0.95 total and I - being coin-conscious - typically pay with a loonie and four nickels.  It seems though that the cashiers in my building happen to be completely dumbfounded whenever I hand them enough change to get a quarter in return.  

Every time save for one occasion that I pay, I get this "wtf" look from the cashier, who then repeats the price of the doughnut, to which I then have to respond that I'm aware of what the price is and that I'd like a quarter in change.  Perhaps I'm being a bit nitpicky, but the fewer coins I have to fumble around smaller than a quarter, the better.  I've never been questioned outside of these two Tim Hortons in similar situations.  Usually the person might pause because they're slightly shocked that I gave them enough change to make their life a little easier, but they handle it with no problems - not the case with these particular Tim Hortons.  

Needless to say, it's fast becoming a everyday annoyance.  Early start tomorrow, so hopefully more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment