Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 71: Green With Envy

(Nikon D90, Sigma 70-200 II @ 200mm, f/4, 1/100, ISO 800)

There's been a bit of a warm spell here in the GTA, which is nice considering I'm not a big fan of winter, go figure eh?  Being an odd day off meant I woke up at 2:30 PM, rather than the usual 6:00 AM.  After showering, I discovered that it was raining.  Hurray!  We're still in single digit temperatures but at least it ain't the white fluffy stuff.

Don't get me wrong, snow is pretty cool too.  It's made for some nice photos so far, but I just like green more.  Green trees (okay, I admit that at this point, save for coniferous trees all that's green is likely the moss on the trunks), fresh air, not being bundled up under fifty layers of crud.  Not having to hassle oneself with a coat.  I just prefer Spring and Summer more because of the vibrance it brings.  Oh, and the heat. 

I had nothing planned for today, so the moss of all things on the tree caught my eye when I looked out the window.  This was also one of the few times I was really glad I opted for the Sigma.  Shooting portrait-orientation with the lens pressed up against the window for stability allowed me to just edge-out part of the architecture of our backsplit's front-balcony for an unobstructed view.  Huzzah!  Upped clarity and vibrance in Lightroom, as well as cooling it a bit from the Cloudy WB I had set in-camera.

That's it for today (technically yesterday).  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment