Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 80: Devil Dogs

(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/2.8, 1/200, ISO 500)

I think this would've been perfect if Spielburg's name wasn't interfering with the rest of the photo.  Although technically I could've chopped it out via Photoshop.  If you haven't guessed by now, I took a picture of a TV in the house.  Yes!  I've moved up from laptop screens.  

In any case, it is a shot from the intro of The Pacific, an HBO mini-series from the makers of Band of Brothers.  Except this time we're in - you guessed it - the Pacific!  The show follows US Marines during their Pacific campaign in World War II against the Japanese.  Great camera work, audio, acting, the whole nine-yards as far as I'm concerned - mind you I'm not exactly a super-critic.  Definitely going to have to watch it again, since like Band of Brothers you're likely to not catch every detail the first time around.  There are just so many characters to follow! 

Highly recommended.  Even if you've missed the first two episodes, check it out anyway!  It airs Sundays at 9 PM EST on HBO.  Keepin' it short again.  Gotta be up in... an hour and a half.  

Woots.

No comments:

Post a Comment