Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 65: Coverage

 
(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/8, 1/80, ISO 400)

Okay, so I'm two days late... AGAIN.  It suspect this will be a common theme throughout the year.  Nonetheless, even though I am late with the text I am on-time with the pictures!  The photo was taken around lunch time at Yonge and Dundas which is always THE PLACE for many of downtown's numerous personalities at any given time.  Sidewalk artists like these are always pretty damn cool.  I of course, am artistically challenged; I couldn't draw to save my life.  Sure, photography is an art with a different medium, but there are times when the mighty pencil or paintbrush just has more impact.

Of course, someone (and I do mean possibly only ONE) person might be wondering what in the world would I be doing downtown on a Saturday as early as 12:00 PM?  Well, short answer is the Ted Rogers Memorial Conference that I mentioned prior.  Was it worth it?  Sadly, not really.  Myself, another photographer, and two writers - all of us save the extra photographer who had to work in the afternoon/evening - were all itching to cover the gala event that would cap off the conference.  Of course, it wasn't going to be all fun and glory which meant covering some stuff at school first before moving to the Distillery District in the evening.  Guess what part did not happen?  Yup.  All three of us got shafted.  Hard.  

I won't bore you with the details, names, or expletives (also out of some shred of neutrality that I wish to maintain), but I basically woke up at 8 AM for almost nothing, save for providing overkill coverage for an event.  I'm still trying to come to grips with how the three of us got screwed over for assignments that we volunteered for a month in advance.  On top of that I purposely cleared three days (Thursday to Saturday) for this conference.  Out of those three days, I got two hours of real hard shooting done.  Fuming, I came home and ate dinner, then promptly fell asleep until 12 PM Sunday afternoon.

Fatigue is a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment