Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 66: The Little Things

 
(Nikon D60, 35mm DX, f/1.8, 1/60, ISO 800)

In continuance with the post made not too long ago (although techncially meant for Saturday), I'm still fuming about the botched coverage.  Aside from that, there isn't much of an update I guess.

But, every picture has some sort of a story.  Which means I am going to talk about an LCD display.  Yes.  I've hit new lows... hahaha.  Well, needless to say it's something I have enjoyed in my time with the D90 over my D60.  Perhaps it's just a habit, but I always found it more awkward to be gawking at the rear screen to adjust settings rather than the top LCD panel; maybe it has to do with the fact that the camera doesn't really change orientation (just position) when I fiddle around with settings such as WB and ISO on the D90, rather than taking a 90 degree tilt downwards.  

Nonetheless, it remains one of the small things that I enjoy from the D90.  Chief among the ergonomic improvements though is the dedicated buttons.  I actually do set my White Balance manually now, which has cut down somewhat on editing times.  I've also recently set the rear dial to adjust ISO (via the Easy ISO mode) in P/S/A modes, which has only made life even more enjoyable.  I almost never pick up my D60 now, save for being a spare body.  The extra size and weight of the D90 are negligable to me.

Weekly grind kicks off... later today?  Heck, it just might be a three-day week!

No comments:

Post a Comment