Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 63: Rock'em, Sock'em

 (Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/2.8 1/50, ISO 400, Flash @ TTL -0.3 EV)

Yes.  I bring you a photo about socks.  What can I say?   They were REALLY comfortable!  Granted, I haven't exactly opened a new pair since I was a kid.  Shot an event at school today: The Viola Desmond Day Awards, an event where Ryerson celebrates the efforts of Black Canadian women in the community.  It was certainly an interesting night.   Growing up in Markham, I never really saw many black people on a day-to-day basis.  Sadly, I probably got more exposure about them on the news than in real life.  It really wasn't until when I got to Ryerson two years ago that things really changed.  

I dig the diversity that's present throughout campus.  It's not lopsided; there really isn't an all asian class, or an all caucasian class, or what not.  Okay, so some classes still have a majority, but the minorities are very, very visible.  Certainly much more so than my elementary or high school days.  Quite honestly, it's a nice change of pace; something new that I enjoy and that's comfortable.  Kind of like a new pair of socks.

Yes.  I just equated multiculturalism to socks in some twisted way.  That's what happens at 2:46 AM in the morning.  In any case, it's getting late and I've class in the morning.  More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment