Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 32: Greg-arious

(Nikon D60, 35mm DX, f/1.8 1/100, ISO 400)

Happy February!  It's been one month since this blog kicked off!  Woot!

History seminar ended rather abruptly today, since the TA did not show up after 30 minutes.  So off I went to my old building - Ryerson's George Vari Engineering and Computing Centre - in some vain search to try and find my Comp Sci friends (on their day off) to help kill tme before meeting up for a group assignment later in the day.  Luckily, I managed to locate a few of them in the old hangout: ENG206.  For those of you in the dark, ENG206 is one of several computer labs on the second floor of the building.  It is the only computer lab that is always 'open'; classes are seldom held in there.

(Nikon D60, 35mm DX, f/1.8, 1/25, ISO 400)

So yeah.  Anyhow, I managed to find some of my buddies on their day off.  Meet Greg.  He is of course, a computer scientist.  I had met Greg a couple years back at a Classic BattleTech event.  Greg's brother Dave runs events every so often in the Toronto area.  We had become acquaintenances , but I never thought I'd see him again.  That is, until Frosh Week during my first year at Ryerson.  For pretty much most of the week I struggled to figure out who this guy was that looked SO familiar.  Eventually we figured it out at Pub Night.  We'd cross paths several times in that year, most of which in-between lectures or during our Liberal Arts course in second semester.

My leaving Comp Sci means that I don't see Greg too often, so snagging a couple shots of him in his prime in ENG206 was nice.

After all, the alternative would probably be the dozenth picture of my desk or something on it. 
'Nother early start tomorrow.  More to come.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment