Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 51: Humpin' It

 
(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/11, 1/160, ISO 200)

As if I hadn't already mentioned it yesterday, it's going to be a very busy few weeks.  In case you don't believe me, here's a picture to prove it!  Shot this on the way home from work.  

Of course, even speed humps have a story!

These humps were installed several years back, likely to curb any potential drivers speeding down the straightaway portion of our street.  They've since been installed elsewhere throughout our neighbourhood.  Have they been effective?  I suppose.  I seldom hear cars roaring down my street anymore, which is nice considering I'm usually a pedestrian on this stretch of road and given that more and more pedestrians have been getting hit in the Greater Toronto Area.

No comments:

Post a Comment