Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 56: Off the Beaten Path

 
(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/8, 1/160, ISO 200)

A pretty uneventful day off today.  Got to sleep in a little bit which was nice, considering how little I've slept all week.  I got back to Markham a little early this afternoon so I decided to explore a photo opportunity that I had been meaning to in the last few weeks.  The location for these photos was Sanwood Park in Scarborough.  To be honest, I never really knew this place existed despite how relatively close it was.  It was first brought to my attention in through my buddy Elijah (In red on Day 46)mentioned "a place near your house with a path and a lot of trees" that his brother had photographed in the past. 

  
(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/8, 1/250, ISO 200) 

It never really dawned on my exactly where it was, until a few weeks later when my dad and I went to go get our hair cut.  Upon making a left turn, I noticed what I thought was a pretty impressive row of trees with a winding running through it.  Whether or not this was actually the place, I made note that I'd go back one day to shoot it.  Today was that day.

 
(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/8, 1/125, ISO 200 +0.7 EV) 

I of course, chose the best day ever to venture there. The weather wasn't exactly pretty - if anything it was cold and there was blowing snow.  Of course it was a good excuse to put my D90 through it's paces.  I figure if my D60 can survive a bit of rain water than the D90 could certainly handle some snow.  It hasn't died yet... so that's a good sign. What caught my attention most after traversing much of the park was a wall consisting of artwork done by presumably students from the surrounding schools.  I'll let the series below speak for itself.

(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/8, 1/125, ISO 200) 

 
(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/8, 1/200, ISO 200) 


 (Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/8, 1/200, ISO 200) 

 
(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/8, 1/200, ISO 200)

  
(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/8, 1/100, ISO 200) 

The final photo is not something painted on the wall, but I tried to be a little witty and let the photo frame itself.  Thank godness for Live View, otherwise it would've just been a crapshoot to get this photo.  By this time I was already freezing cold and didn't really have much of a notion to go belly first into fresh snow.

 
(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/8, 1/500, ISO 200 +0.67 EV Post) 

That's it for today, but there is definitely more to come.  This weekend I'll be at a Ryerson University Television (RUTV) masquerade event to celebrate their launch for this year, so that'll be exciting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment