Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 37: Since Sliced Bread

 
(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/2.8, 1/20, ISO 400)

Saturday is work day and as such comes a photo from work!  The students in my first class are taught basic electronics for about half the course.  As such, they do a lot of basic circuitry done on breadboards.  Why they're called breadboards is beyond me.

I first started working with these when I first got into High School in Grade 9.  Like my students we started out with basic circuits, wire stripping and what not.  For our final project we built a wire puzzle which I sadly seem to have misplaced.  I continued to work with these through Grades 10, 11, and 12.  Among the largest projects that I've put together was my own hand-built RAM!  All 8 bits of it!  It took up three boards, the size (area-wise) of which being the same as one of those bedside radio/alarm clocks. 

Short post today.  Pretty busy weekend but hopefully we'll have a nice surprise tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment