Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 43: On Account

 (Nikon D90, 18-55 VR @ 18mm, f/3.5, 1/60, ISO 500)

Uneventful morning, cancelled meeting.  Took my friend Betty on a little camera excursion in the early afternoon.  Then the big event for the day - covering the Ryerson University Accounting Society (RUAS) case competition.  Overall pretty well handled, although there seemed to be a bit of fumbling in the beginning, which led to me waiting about twenty minutes because my name tag had not been printed (despite my asking for one).

The rest was pretty routine.  Click, click, flash, flash.  Food was... as to be expected.  Of course it generally tastes better when one is hungry.  Despite being having made through the day without paying for my food (certainly an added perk to this whole photography thing), I ended up heading over to the Rogers Communication Centre to meet up with my friend Betty, Gabby, and a new acquaintence - Stéphane.  It was there that we ended up ordering some pretty kickass pizza; pepporoni, BBQ steak, green peppers and pesto (instead of tomato sauce) on one, and chicken, mushroom and I believe alfredo sauce (or something of that sort) on the other.  Total win.  The last slice of the first pizza is pictured below:

(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/2, 1/50, ISO 800)

We also watched part of the opening ceremonies for the Vancouver 2010 games.  Tap-dancing fiddlers for the win.
Oh and on the way back there was a pretty cool dog on the subway. 
Pretty beat from the day's events.  Losing coherence.

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment