Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 45: Seeing Red

(Nikon D90, 18-55 VR @ 44mm, f/5.3, 1/25, ISO 2000)

The good kind of red.  It was Chinese New Year!  Oh, it was Valentine's Day too, but as you may have guessed, I'm single.  So back to CNY!  It's the year of the Tiger this year and like always the day's events revolved around food and family - two of the greatest things in the world.  Going to keep the text concise today, and let the pictures do the talking.

 
(Nikon D90, 18-55 VR @ 20mm, f/3.8, 1/30, ISO 2000)

While for me it was like any other Chinese New Year, I imagine it was an entirely different experience for my niece Katelyn.  Compared to last year she is now walking and talking, but like last year she remains the focus of everyone in the room; aunts, uncles, grandparents, great-grandparents, and even photographers! 

(Nikon D90, 18-55 VR @ 18mm, f/5, 1/30, ISO 2000)

Pushed the ISO performance on the sensor really hard today, which is why a lot of the pictures look fairly grainy since I often underexposed a little to keep my shutter speed as high as possible (Katelyn likes to move around a lot).  All in all I'm pretty happy.  Probably wouldn't have gotten this with my D60.

 
(Nikon D90, 18-55 VR @ 29mm, f/5, 1/25, ISO 2000)

All in all, good stuff, and to top it all off, Canadian Alexandre Bilodeau won gold in the Men's Moguls event tonight to end Canada's dry spell of no golds on home soil.  Hell yeah!  Talk about icing on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment