Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 38: Lights, Camera, Tissue Paper?

 
(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/4, 1/60, ISO 200, Flash @ -0.3 EV TTL)

I am in love with wireless flash.  I need a lot of practice with it, but it's so much fun to not have a hot-shoe mounted flash.  I think the beep from the audio signal that the SB-900 plays after firing is about the only one I can tolerate.  For the shot above, I had to get a little creative - more so in improvising light modifiers than actual artistic creativity.  To camera right is Christmas wrapping paper; the shiny white side.  To camera left, mounted on a Gorillapod sitting on top of my shelf was my SB-900, with me holding one two large white pieces of tissue paper (the artistic kind) in front to diffuse the light.  The result is what you see above.  

Sorry, no Joe McNally-esque napkin drawing.  Perhaps another time.  Speaking of time, it's that part of the week again!

No comments:

Post a Comment