Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 44: Trouble in the PM(all)

 
(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/11, 1/250, ISO 200)
 
Winston make pun.  Headlining + 1.

Walking home from work, I noticed four squad cars racing past me, sirens blaring.  It appeared as though they had been heading towards good ol' Pacific Mall.  I decided to tap into my non-existant photojournalism skills and tried to grab as close a shot as would be possible with a 35mm (52mm equivalent) lens without getting dirty looks or being harassed by the police.  

Apparently though there must've been an altercation because there was a young male and female handcuffed on the curb near the parking spaces.  My mom was probably right; there was probably a fight (as in someone got assaulted) for a parking space.  Am I surprised?  No.  That parking lot is always full - often overcrowded - on weekends, let alone the weekend of Chinese New Year, which also falls on Valentine's Day this year.

My mom told me that my horoscope indicated that I'd be in a leadership position at work and that I should avoid quiet, secluded places in April/August.  The former has yet to happen; I'm leaving my current job on top of that.  As for the latter?  Well, I don't think hiding out in parts of campus studying counts or staring at the warm glow of my computer in my room.  

So much for an exciting year...

No comments:

Post a Comment