Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 48: Ol' Glory

 
(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/2, 1/320, ISO 640)

A bunch of us went down to celebrate Annie's belated birthday (pictured below).  We went downtown for some brunch at Frans, a 24-hour (in Toronto at least) all-day breakfast and lunch restaurant.  

 (Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/2, 1/30, ISO 640)

Most of the table settled for some pretty standard stuff.  Pancakes, omlettes, French toast.  My friends Michael (pictured top) and Betty decided to order the 'Morning Glory' dish, pictured below.

(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/2, 1/200, ISO 640)

What is it you might ask?  Fran's describes it as a "jumbo waffle with two eggs, two bacon strips, along with carmelized apples and hot maple syrup".  Really, does more need to be said?  Mmmm, mmm, good!  It's no Krispy Kreme bacon cheeseburger, but man it's somewhat of a contender!

(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/2, 1/250, ISO 640)
 
Afterwards we loitered a bit in the Eaton's centre and Kosta, like Michael opted to pose with one of the Olympic torches.  My favourite photos of the day, well-lit and great subjects.

(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/2, 1/250, ISO 640)

Oh, and as for what I had at Frans?  Well, I decided to try and tackle their Big Breakfast like I did before my Accounting exam last semester.  I almost succeeded, only to be stopped by the thicker than usual pancakes, again.  I was one slice away.  Of course, the massive amount of food pictured below seemed to be somewhat overshadowed by the ol' Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment