Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 35: Food to Di(n)e For

 
(Nikon D60, 18-55 VR @ 18mm, f/4.5, 1/10, ISO 400)

Thursdays are my day off, but more and more often I find myself at Ryerson regardless.  Today was one of those better days, mainly because I got up at 9 AM rather than say, 5 AM.  The extra hours really made a difference for once.  I'd have gotten up later, but I was meeting my buddy Gerald who asked me if I wanted to attend a lunch run by students in the Hospitality and Tourism Management program that went by the name of 'RU Dining'.  Much like in high school I find myself increasingly annoyed with the sheer 'beating the dead horse' nature of using some part of the school's name or image as part of a witty pun for creative titles.  At least at Milliken Mills there were only so many instances where you could use knight (the school mascot) in place of night.  Unfortunately 'RU' is much more flexible due to it being able to be substitued for the ol' "Are You" phrase which drives me nuts, but I digress.

Back to what's important: the food.  So right off the bat, I should point out that this was an all-you-can-eat session.  Or at least, that's what Gerald and I paid for.  The food was pretty good, I mean for food that most likely was just defrosted and reheated.  Then again I'm not a really super picky eater and while I don't always stress quantity over quality this is one of those few times where my Asian genetics kick in.  I feel like I got my money's worth just because I ate so much.  Mains included Herb Roasted Chicken, Eggplant Parmesan, and Viennese Beef Goulash.  Add to the side some pasta or cucumber salad, roasted potatoes, a desert table containing pastries and fruit and you'd have the general gist of what I ate.  Nothing knocked out of the park, but I left satisfied and I've definately had much worse food in the past.  Sorry about the misleading title.  It's why I'm not a journalist.

Afterwards was a quick photo for Gerald and his co-workers and then off to work on finishing that almost-finished Marketing assignment from yesterday.  Along the way there was a schpeal from some people looking to grab my vote for the upcoming RSU elections.  Well, at least someone wanted to try and solicit my vote.

Anyway, tomorrow is the end of the week and with the end of the week comes the weekend.  RU ready?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment