Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 31: Southpaw

(Nikon D60, 35mm DX, f/1.8, 1/40, ISO 800)

It's another Katelyn pic!  Wooo!  She's definitely becoming a lot more aware of her surroundings.  Over the last two weeks she can - when asked - point and identify who say, daddy or mommy is.  When asked if she wants to go outside her first reaction is to nod and point to her ski pants.  

Caught a picture of her scribbling in the living room today.  Lo' and behold!  She may very well be left handed!  Just like her uncles!  EXCELLENT.  Lets hope it sticks that way.  Aside from my brother I'm the only other left handed member of my family - extended or otherwise.  With him in Vancouver, it's just me to hold down Fort Southpaw.  It has spread amongst my friends too, who occasionally rib me for being of the not-right group.  Mind you, this is all in good fun.  No one actually 'refuses' to sit next to my left, but nonetheless this is a good opportunity to speak out.  POWER TO THE LEFTIES!  We're different and damn proud of it! ...or at least I am.  

What's wierd about my dexterity though is that I'm not a pure lefty.  I eat and write left-handed, but for almost everything else use my right hand.  When I played sports, everything with the exception of serving in Volleyball was right-handed.  Batting, glove, frisbee throwing.  

Of course with photography, everything is pretty much right-hand oriented.  For what it's worth however, I do shoot left-eyed.

Weekly grind starts tomorrow.  Hell yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment