Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 15: Mutual Satisfaction


(Nikon D60, 35mm DX, f/4, 1/20, ISO 400)

Okay, I tried really hard but failed to make a corny joke.  Har har har har.  Get it?  Corny?  It's corned beef.  I know... I'm awesome.  Friday has esentially become an awkward day, a bit of an 'F-U' reminder that my week doesn't end at 3 PM on Wednesday with a one hour class at 9 AM.  Nonetheless, I figured I'd take advantage of the lack of students studying and secure a spot in one of my favourite places settle inside the Ted Rogers School of Management.  Being alone however for several hours meant I couldn't get up at my leisure and walk to go get food, so I had to buy it pretty much after class. 

Thus, I traveled to one of my favourite spots to grab food near Ryerson, the Mutual Street Deli (152 Dundas St. East).  It's an awesome place, run by an awesome guy, with awesome food, for a respectible price (I bet you were expecting a fourth awesome there!).  Not a place I would go to everyday only because I can't afford to.  Needless to say, almost every one I've brought there has had a glowing opinion about the place (minus one friend, but he's always a tough guy to please).  You certainly can't go wrong with their Corned Beef Sandwich (pictured above).  Make it a combo and add some of their awesome gravy and you get a meal for about $10 that'll keep you going for several hours.  My only problem is the $10 part but for what it's worth (no pun intended) almost everything on the menu is under $10.  Among other things I've had there include Chopped Steak (I think they have one portion size: large), Fish and Chips, and their Big Breakfast (eggs, home fries, ham, sausage, bacon, toast). 

If you have time, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment