Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 25: Streaking


(Nikon D60, 35mm DX, f/16, 10, ISO 100)

Yes.  I know what you're thinking.  How many more freaking times can I take a picture of my laptops? The answer?  It depends.  No seriously, that's what I learned in Marketing today.  "It depends."

What an awesome lesson.  To be frank, this is another 'filler' picture for one of those days where I had planned the photo at the last minute.  Granted, it is probably the one I've liked most so far.  I've always wanted to experiment a little more with light painting, and doing this has made me realize that I need to scrounge up another one of those awesome LED flashlights.

If you're curious about how to generate an image like this, it's pretty simple: Set a very slow shutter speed (several seconds; this one was 10) and make sure your camera is on a tripod or resting on a stable surface like a table!  Triggering the camera is probably best done wirelessly, I used a Nikon ML-L3 (for all cameras from the D90 and down, I believe) on a two second delay.  After that, turn on your flashlight and let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment