Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 11: Devoid


(Nikon D60, 35mm DX, f/4, 1/25, ISO 400)

Anywhere downtown is empty even at 7:30 AM.  Fast forward even an hour or two and this hall would be populated by the flocks of Ryerson Faculty of Business students, but for now it stands empty.

Whenever I hear people complain about their schedule, I make a note (if it's convenient) to show them my schedule from my very first year at Ryerson (Computer Science) which essentially amounted to 9 to 5 days during the first semester and three 8 AM + 1 9 AM starts during second semester.  Granted, this semester (tenatively) is looking like that too, but it's only marginally more tolerable because I have a day off.

Nonetheless, I do enjoy leaving in the morning though.  There's usually not that many people on the bus, and even if all the seats are taken (as was the case today on what I believe was the first 53E) there is plenty of space to stand, and the driver tends to go a little faster since there isn't any traffic.  Subway is no different either; plenty of seats, although at Finch it's always possible to get a seat if you wait.  Needless to say, while I start early for the majority of this semester I'm at least glad that I won't be ending late.  There was nothing more demoralizing last year than leaving and coming home in the dark, with probably the only glimpse of sunlight through a window; being devoid of sunlight sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment