Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 9: Baby Steps


(Nikon D60, 35mm DX, f/1.8, 1/50, ISO 800)

My niece Katelyn was born in November 2008 with the prestigeous honour of being the first child of the next generation of our family.  She likes people, eating, and yours truly waving at her.  In some ways I feel she's almost like the little sister I never had.  It's even more fun now that she's walking - what with chasing her around and all.  With some assistance she can climb stairs too.  Personally I think she likes it best when she walks into uncle's room and then gets to sit down on the bed and choose which stuffed animal she likes.  I don't know, just a thought maybe. :-)


(Nikon D60, 35mm DX, f/1.8, 1/40, ISO 800)

Unfortunately I think the only thing that I've managed to teach her is how to wave back.  I basically wave my arm and in the beginning she used to only return my waves, but in the last couple months she does it whenever she sees me.  Now, this may seem like it's totally useless, but it holds a bit more value considering the fact that I'm not a morning person.  See, I'm groggy, not really happy about having left the comfort of my bed and generally a very undesirable person to be around within those first few hours.  I really hate getting up in the morning, but it's a little more tolerable when your neice waves bye-bye to you as you leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment