Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 146: Market Prospects

(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/2.8, 1/40, ISO 400)

Caught up with Elizabeth today.  We walked around downtown, through Toronto's Kensington Market - somewhere I haven't really been, despite my going to school downtown (I'm more of an east end person; blame the camera stores).

(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/1.8, 1/40, ISO 800)

(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/1.8, 1/25, ISO 800)

Kensington Market is home to a host of small and independant shops, largely catering to those in search of bargain prices.  A lot of the stuff is pretty unique, vintage, or downright odd like the top photo.  For me, Kensington doesn't do much, but I can see why Elly likes it a lot - she digs the retro stuff.  Something that did really amuse me though was the picture book we came across, telling a story of a ninja, cowboy, and a bear.  It is a book that needs no further explanation, the choice of its main characters being a winning combination no matter what the context. 

(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/1.8, 1/25, ISO 800)

Didn't snap as much as I probably should've, as I was thoroughly distracted in catching-up with Elly, whom I had not seen since I had run into her by accident a few months back.  As such, the above photo of her doesn't really do her justice.  It's just not sharp enough due to the slow shutter speeds, but the hat partially compensates... :~)  Seldom do I really care much about the 35mm f/1.8G DX not having VR, but this was one of those instances.

We closed the day out with some energy smoothies (wicked, but expensive!) and a lengthy delay on the subway. At least the train was ACed.

More coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment