Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 140: Practice Thursday

(Nikon D90, Sigma 70-200 II @ ~135mm, f/2.8, 1/1600, ISO 200)

Just as I will be referring to it as 'Ultimate Monday' over the next few weeks, so too will Thursday get that treatment.  A few shots from the field.  If you really read the brief shooting info that I put underneath every photo you may have realized that I've added a tilda (gasp).

(Nikon D90, Sigma 70-200 II @ 105mm, f/2.8, 1/1250, ISO 400)

Usually when I shoot sports I'm a 'shoot first and ask questions later' kinda guy.  After all, there are instances where I am just lucky enough to get the shot.  To be honest, I'd rather have a slightly larger photo that I can crop down later anyway, compared to one that may be too tight or photographically amputate my subject.  As such, I often forego precise composition and white balance, since I shoot in RAW. Although in the case of the latter I've been getting less lazy about that now that I have a body with one-button access to it.

(Nikon D90, Sigma 70-200 II @ ~130mm, f/2.8, 1/1250, ISO 400)

Not much else.  We went to this nice Korean place to eat after practice.  Great place, although I couldn't use Korean chopsticks to save my life; I'm not even stellar with regular ones.  Other than that, pretty standard practice.

More coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment