Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 107: Crystal Rain

 (Nikon D90, Sigma 70-200 II @ 200mm, f/2.8, 1/640, ISO 500)

Excuse the extremely corny title.  Got up a little earlier than usual this morning.  Noticed it was raining.  Or so I thought!  Looking out the kitchen window I couldn't help but notice the little white specs dotting our fence - clearly not quite rain.  Given that it was coming down pretty fast, I imagine it was hail.  Well, hail in name only.  This isn't the baseball sized stuff you see on television, no... it was just a bit of frozen rain. 

Embedded with the mindset that I can make a photo out of anything (even the most obscure and spontaneous things; hey, right mindset at least right?) I went upstairs and grabbed my telephoto; I'd have to be poking my camera through house plants and shelves since the kitchen offered the best vantage point of our fence and had the clearest window.  Adjust settings, point, click a few times until I got what I liked.  Upon further inspection, it might've been nicer if I had kept the neighbour's garden ornament in the background out of the frame... quite distracting.  Still, not too bad for a twenty minute investment.

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment