Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 101: To Far Away Times

(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/4, 1/100, ISO 200)

Been a while since anything Commerce Times related popped up on this blog, with today probably being the last time until next September.  Today was Member Appreciation Day - also known as 'Get Together One Last Time Before Summer' Day - but shorter and more to the point.  Good times were had by all, and despite all the bumps and rough patches along the way (at least, that seems to be what I experienced the majority of during my short time with the paper), part of me still feels cautiously optimistic that next year will be better.  Only time will tell.

Above is the scribbles made by the Photo Editor, Miguel.  It definitely caught people's attention throughout the day, with other folks tossing in their artwork at the bottom.  I abstained, citing my inability to draw basic shapes or colour inside the lines.  I stuck to my camera instead.  Notable items include chunk of the Bloor-Danforth subway line, a Pokeball, pi to six or seven decimals, a bar code, binary... the list goes on.  See if you can find everything in the image!

Keepin' it short today, last Monday of the semester is tomorrow.  Woohoo.  I absolutely cannot *wait* to get up at 5 AM... again... albeit for the last time.  Ugh.

P.S. Yours truly took home 'Most Sarcastic Member' from the Spoof Awards pile today.  Apparently I'm good for something after all!

P.P.S. Yes, that is a titular reference to a song from the Chrono Trigger soundtrack.  Bonus points if you picked it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment