Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 175: Practice Thursday

(Nikon D90, Sigma 70-200 II @ ~105mm, f/4, 1/2000, ISO 400)

It's a Practice Thursday!  As the weeks go by, I find it becomes harder and harder to shoot these practices.  I suppose technically there isn't necessarily a reason for me to be there, but I enjoy the no-stress situation of these practices.  It's okay to experiment, go nuts, try different angles.  I can actually stand on the field, without actually interfering with a game.  Granted, I put my life (and the life of my camera) into my own hands, but I it's better than just standing at the same first or third base lines that I usually occupy.

(Nikon D90, Sigma 70-200 II @ ~86mm, f/3.5, 1/2500, ISO 400)

For today, I stuck mostly with the infielders.  They were running a different drill, to rectify something that one of the players noticed in the previous game.  Without going into significant details, the drill involved an infielder tossing a ball at second base, whilst another is running towards it.  Once they get the ball and step on the base, they're to throw to either third (very top photo) or to second (above).  It was a fairly predictable drill, but also one I hadn't seen before.  Thus, with my camera set to Continuous High, I gunned it at full speed whilst moving with the players as they ran through the routine repeatedly.  Came through with several bursts that I really liked, and even kept a few whole sequences for perhaps something interesting in the future.  

In keeping with last week, I also shot a few more headshots of a couple players.

Warren Mangahas (3B)
(Nikon D90, Sigma 70-200 II @ 200mm, f/4, 1/1000, ISO 400)

Patrick Leung (1B)
(Nikon D90, Sigma 70-200 II @ 200mm, f/4, 1/2000, ISO 400)

No comments:

Post a Comment