Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 174: Shakin' Baby!

(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/2.8, 1/160, ISO 640)

On this, normal sleep-in day (come to think of it, everyday has been a sleep-in day for me...) I awoke at around 1:45ish PM to my house shaking.  Since one is always at their height of wisdom and logic when they've just woken up, I made the logical decision to go back to sleep after about thirty seconds of 'shaking'.  I'll be honest when I say that it was actually quite enjoyable... kinda like a vibrating bed.  About an hour later I awoke, and in my usual habit, started checking my online stuff, such as Facebook and emails. 

Splattered all over my Facebook feed were messages like "did anyone else feel the earthquake" or "OMG EARTHQUAKE >___>".  Seeking confirmation, I tuned into the news downstairs, and lo-and-behold: an area north of Ottawa did indeed get hit by a magnitude 5.0 earthquake.   Nothing significant really happened.  I think people were more shaken up (pun intended) than the buildings. 

As for me, just another day in the life of, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment