Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 229: Enter Eugene

(Nikon D90, 18-55 VR, f/8, ISO 200, 1/800, Panoramic Stitch + Crop)

Spent the day shooting for my friend Eugene Loo.  We first met way back at the beginning of the softball season, when the team was at Albert's house watching The Suns lose and playing Taboo.

(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/2.8, 1/2000, ISO 200)

A few weeks ago I found out he was running for Toronto City Council (Ward 24 - Willowdale).  While aware that this would probably be a pro-bono gig, I went ahead and asked him if he needed a photographer anyway, since I could use the taking-pictures-of-people experience and I figure it'd be low-pressure work anyway.

(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/4, 1/4000, ISO 200)

So we basically spent the day driving around Willowdale grabbing photos as we went, shooting primarily portraits and landscape-esque photos.  As a bonus, I got a nice pseudo-tour of a community that I've - up until now - only just bussed passed or ridden a subway train underneath.  Wrapped within a few hours with the intent of doing this again somewhere down the road. 

(Nikon D90, 18-55 VR @ , f/2.8, 1/2000, ISO 200)

All in all, a pretty easy-going day.  
If you'd like to learn more about Euegene and his campaign, you can visit him at: 

No comments:

Post a Comment