Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 199: Easy Goings

(Nikon D90, Sigma 70-200 II @ 70mm, f/9, 1/200, ISO 200)

Debated spending the day at home on this day, but figured I could kill two birds with one stone and meet up with some friends that I haven't seen in a couple weeks, or in one case - last season.  T'was of course, a CCSA game.  Playing was Richmond Hill Chinese Baptist Church Dunamis, a team that I got to know quite well due to the good relationship between then and ETCBC's junior team from last season, Klastos. 

(Nikon D90, Sigma 70-200 II @ 70mm, f/9, 1/200, ISO 200)

Umpiring were two of my friends from another team, Nick (very top) and James (above).  I'm not quite sure how Nick and I met, but I believe it happened at a Dunamis game last season, whilst he was umpiring (go figure).  I think he made a comment about my camera, and somehow we spun that into a conversation from there.  Later that season I also found out that he is in the same class as my good friend Michael.  I had met James during a local softball tournament (Formosan) that some of my CCSA peers were taking part in during last year's civic holiday.

(Nikon D90, Sigma 70-200 II @ ~70mm, f/2.8, 1/4000, ISO 200)

At some point, a few folks from Themelios and Ekklesia also converged on the location, many of us knowing people on Dunamis as well as James from last year's Formosan/CCSA season.  Didn't really pay too much attention to the game, there was already another photographer there ripping it up with a D3 and 70-200 VR II, so I felt little pressure to get anything done.

(Nikon D90, Sigma 70-200 II @ 130mm, f/2.8, 1/2000, ISO 200)

Overall though, a good time just to hanging out and catching up with some friends that I had not seen in a while.  As I've said a couple times this season to a few folks: I come for the sport, but I stay for the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment