Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 196: Practice Thursdays

(Nikon D90, Sigma 70-200 II @ ~160mm, f/2.8, 1/320, ISO 640)

Yeah.  More catch-up posting!  Sorry folks, last few days have been incredibly busy.  This particular Thursday, like many other Thursdays have been relatively the same.  Drills, thrills, and batting practice.  I think I've hit the point in the summer where I start to experience mid-season burnout.  Up until the day this post was supposed to be written (July 15th), I will have attended ten practices and seven games.  Factor in about two hours time for each.  Thirty-four hours of shooting time, with probably at least a couple thousand frames during that span (with a couple hundred keepers to show for it).  At this point, it's the people that keep me going.

(Nikon D90, 35mm DX, f/1.8, 1/50, ISO 1000)

 Above is Albert Kong, intensely grilling one of the younger players - Justin (off-camera) - in a 'game' referred to as "Would You Rather".  Long story short, it involves presenting an individual with two names (someone they'd know) of the opposite gender, and having them choose only one.  What determines/influences the choice is up to the individual.  A few of us went to a bubble tea place afterwards, where said game continued, and much loitering took place after that.  Though I don't generally have much to say during these loitering sessions (I'm a newcomer to the ET community, I don't follow sports, nor do I have a long and illustrious CCSA history), it's interesting to sit back and just listen.  

It helps me understand who I'm taking pictures for, and why I continue to do what I do.

1 comment:

  1. not just any bubble tea place - this was green grotto!

    f/1.8 @ 35mm - my goodness your lens out-performs the body!

    ReplyDelete