Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 240: Swinging For The Fences


T'was the last CCSA weekend of the summer.  A double-header the "only" thing standing in the way between Ekklesia and a shot at the finals. 

Unlike the previous week, the weather decided to be cooperative with nothing but clear skies and bright sunshine, which meant for a dry field no fear of a sudden downpour drenching my equipment at the hands of Mother Nature (I suppose someone could still empty their cooler or water bottle on me).Both opposing teams played quite well, and made for some very fun shooting.  The high-noon sunlight seemed to work out pretty well - part of me likes to think that the light-greyness of the gravel helped to fill in some of the shadows caused by said sunlight.  In any case, it made for some very clean shooting.  Hovered around ISO 200 the whole day and managed to maintain 1/800ish to 1/1000th shutter speeds (often times even faster) that I liked, all at f/4.  Both games were pretty seesawish for a few innings, though eventually Ekklesia managed to pull through both games with a fairly decent lead.  With that, they'd be advancing through to the finals - a first for some.


During the lull between the games, the team took some time for an "awards ceremony" in which every member of the team was handed a certificate (such as the one with team member Hazel and her niece Noriko) highlighting some sort of an inside joke or reference during the season.  Work on the certificates was spearheaded by Grace and John.  They were also kind enough to make one for me as well, much to my amusement.  Hurray for the "My camera is worth more than my butt" award! :~)  

Lots o' sun, lots o' photos too.  Shot around 650 frames on the day, condensed to a little under 200.  As there are way more photos than I could possibly write about, I shall keep this post condensed and leave you with a bunch of photos throughout the day.









No comments:

Post a Comment