Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 239: Go West


UPDATE: So, it has been a while since I last updated this blog - school and TEDx seemed to have sucked away a fair amount of my time, as well as Starcraft II, a real-time strategy game that I've picked up over the last few months.  Rest assured, there are still pictures and certainly many more posts in store.  Lets see if I can get caught up before the end of the year.  Only 130ish posts. :) 

Perhaps one of the challenges that I've always faced in life was breaking out of a comfort zone. I imagine the fear trying new things stems from my low tolerance towards receiving criticism (despite my tendency to run my mouth and criticize; something I used to do quite often, and still periodically do).  Thus I was kind of floored when ETCBC/Turn2's James Lau asked me if I wanted to go shoot a city hall wedding out west in Mississauga.  Part of me wanted to say no, but I figured that backing out would probably regret at least not trying. 


To my relief, I was not heading out there alone.  Will Loo - another member of ETCBC - was also on board doing some video work for the couple (Tom & Robin).   We arrived on time and the shoot went off without any significant snags or hitches.  Nothing mind blowing went down.  Just some group photos and candids of the event.  Personally thought I could've done better, but that's generally always the case and it's all good so long as the bride, groom, and in this case James are happy with the results.


On a personal level, weddings were definitely not my thing (though the day went well), and will probably stay that way for the foreseeable future with the exception of perhaps assisting.

No comments:

Post a Comment